Find Out Why Highland Park Orthodontics Recommends Mouthguards
Dr. Lyotard advises that athletes wear mouthguards in Dallas, TX, as sports-related injuries to the mouth and jaw are some of the most common injuries incurred by athletes. Our goal is to help minimize your chances of a sports-related injury to your smile.
Protecting your smile while playing sports is especially essential when you have braces. Mouthguards in Dallas, TX, help protect your teeth and gums from injury. If you participate in basketball, boxing, hockey, football, gymnastics, lacrosse, martial arts, racquetball, rugby, track and field, skateboarding, skiing and snowboarding, skydiving, soccer, surfing, volleyball, water polo, weightlifting, or wrestling, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends you wear a mouthguard.
How to Choose the Right Mouthguards in Dallas, TX
Highland Park Orthodontics knows that selecting an effective mouthguard is essential for every young athlete. There are three basic types of mouthguards: the pre-made mouthguard, the “boil-and-bite” fitted mouthguard, and a custom-made mouthguard from our knowledgeable orthodontist, Dr. Lyotard. Your mouthguard should be tear-resistant, comfortable and well fitted for your mouth, easy to keep clean, and should not prevent you from breathing properly.
Don’t Buy Inferior Mouthguards in Dallas, TX – Highland Park Orthodontics Offers FREE Customized Sports Mouthguards!
If you participate in any sports, be sure to ask Dr. Lyotard about our high quality, custom-fit mouthguards at your next appointment.
How Do I Take Care of My Mouthguard?
Here are a few simple ways to keep mouthguards in Dallas, TX, in good working order:
- Gently scrub your mouthguard after each use with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Store your mouthguard in a protective case.
- Do not leave your mouthguard in the sun or in hot water, because it may melt or become deformed.
- Replace your mouthguard at the beginning of every new sports season. You should also replace your mouthguard if you notice it has become worn and no longer fits properly.
- Do not wear a retainer with your mouthguard. If you wear braces, we will help design a mouthguard to protect your teeth and your braces.
- Bring your mouthguard to each orthodontic checkup, so we can check to make sure it’s still in good shape!
Schedule Your Complimentary Highland Park Orthodontics Smile Analysis & Start Wearing Your Free Mouthguards in Dallas, TX
To learn more about our free, customized mouthguards as well as all of our treatment options available at Highland Park Orthodontics, schedule your complimentary Highland Park Orthodontics Smile Analysis. Your assessment includes a complete exam, digital x-rays, a tour of our state-of-the-art orthodontic office, and an in-depth personal consultation with Dr. Lyotard – a $250 value, yours free! Call 214.361.6644 or click here for your appointment today. Come experience Highland Park Orthodontics – we look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your most confident smile!